Sunday, September 22, 2013



Sunday, September 22, 2013




Is the company Godiva Chocolatier, Inc. an environmentally responsible company? Well, based on the research, Good Guide has given Godiva Chocolatier, Inc. an Environmental Performance Rating of 3.2 out of 10 based on the following criteria:
  1. Transparency:0
  2. environmental Management: 4
  3. Resource Use: 4
  4. Environmental Impact: 4
As chocolate lovers, we all have our favorite Godiva pieces. But do we always know what's in the chocolate that makes it so rich and irresistable? Ethically, Godiva's chocolate is best known for its rich expensive chocolate, but can everybody afford it? The Godiva consist of high quality chocolate, but ethically they don't reach out for a group of customers that can afford it. obviously, Godiva provides information about the chocolate and the types of brand they offer. But they don't provide information of how the chocolate is made, such as the ingredients and how much calories it is. A lot of customers go by the presentation and most of these products can cause high cholestrol and high blood pressure depending on the ingredients they contain. However, there are also nutritional and weight-loss benefits associated with eating dark chocolate on a daily basis. It is imperative to only consume a small amount, as the sugar and fat can be bad for you if too much are consumed.


As a socially responsible company, there is a survey about Godiva company for job related issues.Here are some ethical comments made by people working at Godiva the company.

Store (Boutique) Manager (Former Employee0
Emeryville, CA
I worked at Godiva Chocolatier

Pros -- The pay was good and I was able to build a great team of associates to work for me at my store.

Cons-- But not even my team or the paycheck could keep me there in the end. Godiva doesn't want to appreciate leaders. They want sheep! They want to control every move you make in your stores. When I say "they", I am referring to the district manager and regional director. Micro-managing is the name of the game at Godiva. If you are willing to have
every ounce of self-respect and confidence drained from your body, then being an employee of Godiva Chocolatier is the perfect job for you.
On a good sales day , my store was rarely recognized. on a great sales day we'd a gentle nudge and then
called out on how we could have done better. Our district manager would set us up for failure on a weekly basis, by expecting us to do upwards of 300% over LY sales on specific days. Pathetic if you ask me.

I quit my job because I was not exceeding my sales by enough. That's right. I was threatened with termination because my sales INCREASES were not big enough. I was threatened with anaction plan for underperforming managers because I wasn't moving the needle fast enough. These are desperate acts of upper management and a company that refuses to live in reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment